Thank you to the many of you in the community who have reached out to check in on me over the past little while. Long time readers will know it’s been a few months since the last newsletter.
I’ve received many messages of genuine concern, support and encouragement from friends and readers all around the globe for which I’m deeply grateful. (Shout out to Eric who got so tired of waiting for new content he started listening to each podcast a second time! Thanks for the motivation, you’re the reason I do this.)
Like many families around the world, we have also been impacted by the isolating effect of this pandemic and had to focus inwards for a while on our own human capital. We’ve faced a crisis or three, recalibrated seemingly every aspect of our lives and fortunately emerged to the other side a healthier, stronger and more resilient family.
Our journey included an unplanned repatriation home to Australia and all of the logistics that accompany an international move in the middle of a pandemic with two young children, complex investment holdings and a change in tax residency.
We are, finally, starting to feel settled again in our new home in Brisbane
and beginning to write the next chapter for our family. We remain strongly connected to Singapore personally and commercially and can’t wait to return often when we can.
This is The Business of Family after all, and I’m grateful for your patience and support while we’ve put family first and navigated some of life’s challenges.
- The podcast will be back in September for Season 2.
- You’ll start receiving newsletters on a regular interval again.
- I’ve got a couple of surprises in the works that I’m sure you’ll enjoy.
My interview with a 5th generation family who successfully transitioned to a non-family CEO, partnered with PE to scale, and exited for ~$2 billion.
This is an amazing story against the odds - I can’t wait to share it with you! If you need to subscribe again, please click here
Want to help?
- Please refresh your feed to ensure you receive the latest episode when it’s released. You may need to download an episode manually if it’s been a while.
- Refer a Guest - do you know someone with an interesting story to tell who’d be suitable for the show? Please reach out.
- Please share The Business of Family with one friend.
It’s great to be back, I hope you enjoy Season 2.